[SOLVED] dell poweredge t310

t3chnition

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
hey guys, i've got a dell poweredge t310 with a power supply failure, would a regular desktop power supply work in this ?

Solution
hey guys, i've got a dell poweredge t310 with a power supply failure, would a regular desktop power supply work in this ?
I found 2 configurations for this server model. One has twin redundant hot-swappable power supplies and the other has what appears to be a standard ATX power supply, but, it has a custom mounting plate riveted to the power supply which then screws on to the case.

The swappable models are available at newegg. If you have the other type, you'll have to overcome the mounting plate issue, or buy a direct replacement if you can find one. So, to answer your question, no a standard ATX model won't just slide right in there. This is the best information I could find.

On the plus side, the...
I found 2 configurations for this server model. One has twin redundant hot-swappable power supplies and the other has what appears to be a standard ATX power supply, but, it has a custom mounting plate riveted to the power supply which then screws on to the case.

The swappable models are available at newegg. If you have the other type, you'll have to overcome the mounting plate issue, or buy a direct replacement if you can find one. So, to answer your question, no a standard ATX model won't just slide right in there. This is the best information I could find.

On the plus side, the motherboard appears to use standard 24-pin and 4-pin connectors, so at least it does not use proprietary connections, which is the case with many pre-builts.

Solution