Dell Precision 3630 or iMac

Oct 31, 2018
Hi, I need a bit of help selecting my next computer. I have used a Macbook Pro for 8 years and it has been great. But, it is starting to struggle a little and so I was thinking of buying an upgrade. Ive always used Apple Mac, but recently work bought a new windows computer as I was quite impressed with the progress windows has made in recent years. I don't need a laptop as my computer sits at the desk at home all day so I was thinking an iMac or workstation would be good. I am a graphic designer and my main apps are Adobe CC 2019 and Sketch.

The reason I am considering windows computer is the price, but I want something reliable. Obviously the iMac price is higher because you get a 5k screen with it! I also currently own a Dell 27 inch monitor so I could use that with the windows computer and as a 2nd monitor to the iMac.

Dell has a great offer on a Precision 3630 Tower workstation at just £1226. The spec looks great, but I don't know enough about the spec to know if its a better option than the iMac? Overall I don't mind paying more for the iMac if i have to, but it would be nice to save some money if that Dell option is superb for my needs.

Please help!!!

Processor: Intel Xeon E-2174G, 4 Core HT, 8MB Cache, 3.8Ghz, 4.7GHz Turbo w/ UHD Graphics 630
Windows 10 Pro for Workstation (up to 4 Cores) Multi - English
Ram: 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 2666MHz UDIMM Non-ECC
SSD: M.2 256GB PCIe NVMe Class 40 Solid State Drive
Graphics: NVIDIA® Quadro® P2000, 5GB, 4 DP

vs

Imac 27"
4.2GHz quad-core 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz
32GB 2400MHz DDR4
256GB SSD
Radeon Pro 575 with 4GB video memory

g-unit1111

Titan
Hmmm... this is kind of a tricky one here. On one hand if there's one thing that Mac / Apple products excel at is that they're great for content creation and especially Adobe software since Adobe dominated the Mac platform for so long. On the other hand if you're concerned about the bottom line for your business then I would get the Dell. If you pair that with a solid monitor, it's not the same but it's definitely an improvement over an old Macbook.