[SOLVED] Dell Precision M6600, blackscreen after replacing thermal paste on a CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulieVideos

Reputable
May 16, 2016
Hello. So I got this dell laptop, precision M6600 to be exact. The laptop was perfectly working but running a bit hot. I decided to follow disassambly instructions to replace the old thermal compound and use arctic MX-4 as the new one. When I put the laptop back together and powered it on, all I got was black screen and spinning fans. I tried to dissasamble the laptop again to check on missed unplugged connectors or something but everything was fine. I tried to plug in an external monitor with HDMI and that didn't work.

Also I want to mention that I got this laptop without a dedicated graphics card (the previous owner had some Quadro M4000), so it runs of the integrated intel gpu. I tried to reset the bios by removing cmos batery but that didn't do the trick. I'm pretty sure I didn't damage any video cables inside the laptop as I was very careful and using plastic prying tools and no brute forcing. Is there a possibility that the laptop thinks it wants to use the non existing dedicated gpu?

Thank you.

Solution
Problem solved: The cable on the back of the display of the laptop was disconnected. I reconnected it and now the laptop works like it should again.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS