Dell precision t3500 problem

aDavid903

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
So i've recently got a dell precision t3500, and bought a gpu for it (Sapphire NITRO r9 380), but it wouldn't show any life at the monitor. Does anybody know how this could have happened? Personally I think the psu isn't good enough, it only has 525 watts. So I'm about to buy a new case and power supply of 1000 watts. Does anybody have recommendations for what case i should get? I can't really get a new motherboard, as I just bought a cpu for it (Intel core i7-960)
Please help, thanks

David

Solution
Yes, I do have the power connector connected. A 6-pin connector, only one though.

And there you have it. it needs two. your not providing enough power if you don't have a dual 6 pin, get a molex to 6pin or a 6pin to dual 6pin
QlKOFnt.png

you need both in.

Will_49

Commendable
Oct 3, 2016
Everyone always thinks they need these huge power supplies, you dont, im running a GTX 970 build on a 650w. It sounds like you may just need to go to device manager and enable the new display adapter.

Hope this helps
-WILL

aDavid903

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016

Ok, so I don't need a huge power supply, but when i put the gpu in, it just doesn't show anything on the screen. So i probably won't be able to go to device manager.

1. do you have the power connector connected to the video card (powering the card)?
2. gone to bios using the main motherboard vga , and set video option to use external vga, save and reboot with cable in new video card

as for power supply, it will depend on cpu and video card yes, I would be worried about " premature psu failure in the future from the stress of it.

But I am wondering about your mention " I can't really get a new motherboard, as I just bought a cpu for it (Intel core i7-960)" , the T3500 has a LGA1366 Socket (xeon chipset) unless your T3500 has a non Dell standard board on it, I have no idea how you will fit that I7 on that board.
direct from del manual https://www.manualslib.com/manual/624253/Dell-Precision-T3500.html?page=12#manual
and service manual states https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1049508/Dell-Precision-T3500.html?page=5#manual

aDavid903

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016

Yes, I do have the power connector connected. A 6-pin connector, only one though. And for the processor: damnit. I guess i could sell it again and would you recommend buying a new motherboard and cpu set?
For the bios, there is a little problem, which is that the motherboard doesn't have a vga, you need to have a gpu to connect to a monitor

aDavid903

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016

Ok, thanks!

TRENDING THREADS