Dell Precision T3500 Shows POST Light Code SOLID 3 4 and doesn't boot up but boots up sometimes.

shahdarock

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013
I have a Dell Precision T3500 I have been using it for gaming for like last two year. It's been working really well but all of a sudden when i power it up sometimes it boots up normally but sometimes it shows post code 3 4 SOLID Lights and doesn't boot up. This code means that the ram is detected but there's some failure in the configuration or something like that. But once it try it often but powering it off and on several time it does boot up and once it boots up it works pretty well with no errors I can even game on it for hours. It just does this when i power it up.

What i have tried till now i have reseated the rams. Removed the carbon from rams using eraser. Reseated processor and graphics card. Cleaned Chipset and Replaced thermal compound on it. Cleaned the whole pc. Almost done everything. I know my rams are perfect and has no issues as they are almost new. And yes i have also ran the BIOS PC Diagnostic and it also doesn't show any error it ran through perfectly.

Please help me what could be the issue.
Thanks
PS.

Specs Are:
Case: Dell Precision T3500

Processor: Xeon X5560 2.8Ghz 8M Cache Quad Core - 8 Threads

Ram: HyperX Fury 8 GB (4GB x 2) DDR3 1600 (running at 1333MHz) (Blue color) Under life time warranty (AU Technologies) with boxes

GPU: AMD Gigabyte R9 270 OC edition 2GB 256Bits BASE:950MHz / BOOST:975 MHz With Box and stuff

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA 3 - 6 GBPS

Micheal_10

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
Have you actually tested the RAM with mem86 or other RAM testing program? Never assume your RAM is "perfect" just because it's new. The Dell diagnostic software is okay, but superficial, and hardly detailed enough. You should run a real RAM testing program.

shahdarock

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013

Ok i'm going to run this test and will update you with the result

shahdarock

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013

As i said i have confidence in my ram and it's condition. It passed the test successfully.
Check Test Result here
3Kw5kC0

So any other suggestion?

The memory controller is on the CPU. I don't know how that interfaces with the MB error display. Inspect for swollen or leaking capacitors.