[SOLVED] Dell Precision T5400 GPU compatibility

Ofrst

Reputable
Dec 23, 2016
Hello,

I have T5400 Workstation with Nvidia Quadro 5000 which is broken.
I tried to replace it with Radeon Sapphire Nitro RX 580 4gb which requires UEFI bios and only works on the default Microsoft driver that does not use the full power of the card. I'm wondering which Nvidia card is compatible with the dell t5400 workstation. I was thinking of buying Nvidia GTX 750 2gb or 4gb card but I'm not sure if it will work.

Solution
Dude if i were you i would just upgrade my pc until it is compatible with the rx 580. During the gpu shortages gpus are expensive and a rx 580 would be great performance for gaming instead of a gtx 750 ti. So instead of investing on a gpu to make your pc compadible, why dont you invest your pc to make it compatible with a stronger gpu?
Not only that even if you can replace it with a rx 580 it would still botteneck because of that cpu.
So just go and upgrade your pc man.

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
Dude if i were you i would just upgrade my pc until it is compatible with the rx 580. During the gpu shortages gpus are expensive and a rx 580 would be great performance for gaming instead of a gtx 750 ti. So instead of investing on a gpu to make your pc compadible, why dont you invest your pc to make it compatible with a stronger gpu?
Not only that even if you can replace it with a rx 580 it would still botteneck because of that cpu.
So just go and upgrade your pc man.

Solution