[SOLVED] Dell Precision T7400 , etc & Autocad Archt. 2019

Oct 11, 2019
This may be a daft question but I am going to own Dell Precision T7400 workstation, or else that currently has a single Xeon E5430 @2.66GHz cpu installed. Now I know the motherboard has a second empty cpu slot and so I'm wondering if I purchase a second Xeon E5430 @2.66GHz cpu along with heatsink etc.

I am going to work on autocad archt. 2019 and so this would be my main area of focus when looking for performance improvements.
guide me for specification for autocad 2019.
and important thing is i am low on budget.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I haven't run autocad since 2012, but, from what I can see not much has changed, in that it looks to be still single core threaded. So adding another cpu wont help except for the occasional render. You'd be better served with a higher clock cpu instead like x5470 or so.

Any ssd will generally improve quality of life in program start up and file transfers/saves.
They say that 8gb is the minimum requirement, but if doing large models 16gb would probably be better.

You won't need a strong gpu as long as you only model in 2d, if you intend to render in 3d, you'll need something with 2gb vram or more.
I think finding a certified gpu would price you out of budget even with an older model. A consumer gpu should work however sometimes there...
I haven't run autocad since 2012, but, from what I can see not much has changed, in that it looks to be still single core threaded. So adding another cpu wont help except for the occasional render. You'd be better served with a higher clock cpu instead like x5470 or so.

Any ssd will generally improve quality of life in program start up and file transfers/saves.
They say that 8gb is the minimum requirement, but if doing large models 16gb would probably be better.

You won't need a strong gpu as long as you only model in 2d, if you intend to render in 3d, you'll need something with 2gb vram or more.
I think finding a certified gpu would price you out of budget even with an older model. A consumer gpu should work however sometimes there may be crashing or artifacting, I didn't have any problems back in the day, but idk if 2019 is picky.

fast cpu>more ram>gpu>ssd

Solution