Feb 4, 2018
So recently I tried to install new ram into my computer that was of the same size m, frequency, and it was the exact same model but it came in separate packages. Once I plugged it in, they were recognized by the computer but the computer worked a bit slower and my gpu update wouldn’t work as well as gaming. I tried to restart it and then it started an infinite loop of the dell screen (I have a dell motherboard) and all it said is - Preparing Automatic Repair. It would then take me to the blue screen of death or bios with no other options. I switched out the hard drive which was new and didn’t even have windows on it and it didn’t have the same issue but it did go to bios So there is an issue with my current hard drive. How can I stop my pc from looping? I’ve tried everything, from plugging in the old ram to resetting the motherboard via coin cell battery. PLEASE HELP

Solution
  1. Installing memory that is not matched in a kit can cause the problem you first described; why did you replace the old RAM with identical new RAM?
  2. Did you disconnect your old hard drive when you installed the new hard drive?
  3. Did you install windows on your new hard drive?
  4. I would reinstall your old hard drive and try booting with one RAM stick.
Advise your PC specs. Make / model or motherboard, GPU, RAM and drives
  1. Installing memory that is not matched in a kit can cause the problem you first described; why did you replace the old RAM with identical new RAM?
  2. Did you disconnect your old hard drive when you installed the new hard drive?

Solution
Feb 4, 2018
Okay so
  1. I replaced the old ram which was unbranded and didn’t work that well with new ram that was from ballistix, and I had 4 sticks running quad channel for a total of 16GB.
  2. Yes, when I plugged in the new one that was empty I disconnected the old one
  3. No, nothing is installed on the new hard drive. It’s completely fresh.
  4. I’ll try that, thank you a lot btw.

Feb 4, 2018

Okay so
  1. I replaced the old ram which was unbranded and didn’t work that well with new ram that was from ballistix, and I had 4 sticks running quad channel for a total of 16GB.
  2. Yes, when I plugged in the new one that was empty I disconnected the old one
  3. No, nothing is installed on the new hard drive. It’s completely fresh.
  4. I’ll try that, thank you a lot btw.

5. I have a GTX 1080 8GB, intel core i5 7400, originally 8gb of 2400mhz ddr4 ram (2x4). Motherboard is a default dell motherboard that comes with prebuilt systems and the ram was of an unrecognizable Chinese company. I have a CX650M power supply.

Feb 4, 2018
What model Dell PC? What do you mean the old RAM wasn't working well?

I have a Dell XPS 8920 tower and I upgraded pretty much everything in it except cpu, motherboard, and I tried ram but it caused the issue with the hard drive. But i think I’ll plug in the new hard drive and then save files from the other one. I’ll try the one ram stick like you said, thank you a lot!! :)

Feb 4, 2018
Again, describe what the PC was doing which prompted the new RAM, " the old ram which was unbranded and didn’t work that well." Also it's doubtful the new RAM conflicted with the hard drive. It's more likely the new RAM is corrupting the booting data.

Once I plugged in the new RAM, the pc took longer instead to load applications. The new ram was recognized by the computer in task manager and it said “4/4 slots taken” and it said 15.9 GB of ram was installed. But then, the next day, I tried to play R6 Siege and it crashed the computer so I had to reboot it with the power button. Then, it loaded back up and I tried to update my graphics drivers and it said there was an issue and it wouldn’t update. And then, I tried to restart the computer which took me to the Advanced Options troubleshooting page (blue background) and then it took me to the Preparing Automatic Repair page and then to the actual blue screen of death. It keeps restarting and going to the blue screen Of death after Automatic Repair screen. All other parts of the pc still work though, it’s just the hard drive that had an issue; and I think that issue was caused by me switching out RAM. And now it keeps doing the cycle to the blue screen of death and I don’t have any options or anything. Sorry for this long message btw and very long thread, I know it’s annoying and frustrating and I really appreciate that you’re helping me out. Sorry again and thank you so much for real.

Feb 4, 2018
Again, I'm not asking what happened when you installed the new RAM. What I want to know is what why did you decide to buy new RAM? What was your computer doing that made you decide it needed new RAM?

Oh. I wanted to game better and most games were using a lot of the ram to the point where if I had to do other things with the game open it would take some time. And 16gb is just nice to have too.