Question Dell R760 cabling for 16bay backplane needed.

Jul 26, 2024
Hello,

I have a dell r760 server that has a 24 bay backplane for nvme drives. I am trying to install a front H965i raid card as well. I would have to replace the 24 bay back plane with a 16bay for the U.3 drives i want to install and an 8 bay backplane that connects H965i. PN for the 16 bay is (KMWW8). I need the cabling for this backplane to connect to the motherboard on the server so I can set up my u.3 drives, I am not able to find.

Thank you.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

I have a dell r760 server that has a 24 bay backplane for nvme drives. I am trying to install a front H965i raid card as well. I would have to replace the 24 bay back plane with a 16bay for the U.3 drives i want to install and an 8 bay backplane that connects H965i. PN for the 16 bay is (KMWW8). I need the cabling for this backplane to connect to the motherboard on the server so I can set up my u.3 drives, I am not able to find.

Thank you.
Find somebody that sells used Dell servers. You have to buy the parts somewhere, put the responsibility on getting the correct parts on the supplier.