[SOLVED] Dell Realtek Audio update 6.0.1.8363_A03

Raichi

Prominent
Aug 31, 2019
I donwloaded and installed "Driver Talent" by dtlabroad to detect if anything on my computer required updating. After running a scan it informed me that everything was up to date except "Realtech High Definition Audio" so I pressed download and the application downloaded and started up the installation wizard, but it's on endless loop.

I then tried again through the original source and downloaded Dell Realtek Audio update 6.0.1.8363_A03 from the dell site, and the installation wizard from there is also on endless loop.

It claims to remove the current audio software and that the new version will install upon restart.

However, when I let the install wizard restart my computer, instead of installing it, it opens the same window once again in which it removes the audio software and asks me to restart again.
And when I do finally manage by some miracle to get it to install, I get an error:

View: https://imgur.com/GuFEq0V

(I WOULD add it as an image, but this forum doesn't allow that on drafts as even that gave me an error asking me to contact an administrator, wow.)

I'm losing my mind here. I just want to update my silly Audio Driver!!!!
Why does technology hate me? Someone please help I can't do this anymore 😢

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I moved this thread to the Prebuilt following the only bit of info you did include and it was working with a (rebadged)Dell driver which you're usually going to see come up on third party app's that supposedly say that you need a latter revision of drivers. It's even worse than Windows 10's need to automatically install drivers you don't need for a system that is already working. I'll move this thread to the System's section for others in the community to also take note of your issue and it's subsequent solution.

If you want to know whether you're on the latest drivers, you need to cross-refernce the drivers you currently have installed with the ones on the manufacturers site. If you had a Dell prebuilt, it'd be posted on Dell's...

Lutfij

Titan
If you're on the latest drivers that are found off of Dell's support site meant for your laptop, you're wasting your time with a third party app. In fact there are threads here where people used third party apps and ended up with a bricked laptop/system/machine.

Mind sharing the make and model of your preubilt system? SKU?

Raichi

Prominent
Aug 31, 2019
@Lutfij

I'm using a computer:

Motherboard: Asus TUF B360M-PLUS Gaming, mATX, 4xDDR4, S1151
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700, 3.2GHz/4.6GHz, 12MB, S1151
Videocard: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 6GB, Gaming X
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(2x8GB) 2666MHz CL16
Harddisk: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB M.2
Feed: Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500W

Since whatever version I had before is now deleted thanks to the bugged out install wizard I am currently version-less.

You said in your post that using third party software to detect if my software is up to date is bad. Noted, but that doesn't really help me with how to properly find out if my stuff is up to date and how to install the latest software the proper way. Can you please help me figure out just that? I really have no idea what the right way is of finding out and downloading or where to find this info. I already tried the Dell site, apparently I'm just the worst person in the world at finding things. I mean thank god for the Geforce Experience program helping me with keeping my driver up to date and windows 10 doing auto-updates, but all the other stuff??

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I moved this thread to the Prebuilt following the only bit of info you did include and it was working with a (rebadged)Dell driver which you're usually going to see come up on third party app's that supposedly say that you need a latter revision of drivers. It's even worse than Windows 10's need to automatically install drivers you don't need for a system that is already working. I'll move this thread to the System's section for others in the community to also take note of your issue and it's subsequent solution.

If you want to know whether you're on the latest drivers, you need to cross-refernce the drivers you currently have installed with the ones on the manufacturers site. If you had a Dell prebuilt, it'd be posted on Dell's support site. Seeing now that you're working with an Asus motherboard, you're going to find it on the manufacturer's support site.

I'd also refrain from auto updates since half baked updates can and will give you black screens and load of other issues.

One more thing, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and then deal with drivers and the OS(if you're not on 1903).

Solution