Dell Returns

bill

Does anyone know how honorable Dell is about accepting returns? I recently
purchased an LCD monitor which I have decided to return due to image
ghosting in 3D games. The ghosting isn't that bad really, but it induces
nausea which made me reconsider the purchase. It's a 1905FP with a 20ms
response rate. That's actually better than the 25ms LCD I had before (which
showed no ghosting whatsoever for some reason). Like I said, the ghosting
is acceptable but the discomfort is causes isn't. Anyway I emailed Dell
about a return, listing the reason I just mentioned, but instead of giving
me an authorization they're blaming my video card or corrupt drivers. Is
this just a method to kill time before my allotted return period expires? I
thought they had a "no questions asked" policy anyway.

Bill wrote:

> Does anyone know how honorable Dell is about accepting returns? I recently
> purchased an LCD monitor which I have decided to return due to image
> ghosting in 3D games. The ghosting isn't that bad really, but it induces
> nausea which made me reconsider the purchase. It's a 1905FP with a 20ms
> response rate. That's actually better than the 25ms LCD I had before (which
> showed no ghosting whatsoever for some reason). Like I said, the ghosting
> is acceptable but the discomfort is causes isn't. Anyway I emailed Dell
> about a return, listing the reason I just mentioned, but instead of giving
> me an authorization they're blaming my video card or corrupt drivers. Is
> this just a method to kill time before my allotted return period expires? I
> thought they had a "no questions asked" policy anyway.

How long have you had the monitor?

I'm pretty sure their return policy is valid for 21 days.

Notan

bill

> How long have you had the monitor?
>
> I'm pretty sure their return policy is valid for 21 days.

I contacted them within the 21 day period (today is the 20th day so it's
still within the return period)

Bill wrote:

> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
>

> > How long have you had the monitor?
> >
> > I'm pretty sure their return policy is valid for 21 days.
> >

> I contacted them within the 21 day period (today is the 20th day so it's
> still within the return period)

It's a no-question policy. If you want to return it, they're contractually
obligated to allow you. (You pay for shipping.)

Be sure to document all phone calls, e-mails, etc., just in case.

Notan

ricardo,

"This only cost me $99 to cancel the order and Dell did all the work."

I'm curious. Why did they charge you $99?

I had a problem a few months ago and I ended up ordering 2 of the exact same
computer for a client. I called Dell, they gave me an RMA, I took it to UPS
and they shipped it back. My credit card was also credited in a timely
manner. It didn't cost me anything to return it.

Joe R

Keith wrote:
> So, do you still think that Dell is so great?

Sure. Is Dell perfect? Certainly not!

> Does anyone know how honorable Dell is about accepting returns? I
> recently purchased an LCD monitor which I have decided to return due to
> image ghosting in 3D games. The ghosting isn't that bad really, but it
> induces nausea which made me reconsider the purchase. It's a 1905FP with
> but instead of giving me an authorization they're blaming my video card or
> corrupt drivers. Is this just a method to kill time before my allotted

Sounds like a video card to me as well. You try different drivers?

> "This only cost me $99 to cancel the order and Dell did all the work."
>
> I'm curious. Why did they charge you $99?

Probably for return shipping, handling, unpacking, restocking etc.

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 22:05:10 +0000, SGD wrote:

>> Does anyone know how honorable Dell is about accepting returns? I
>> recently purchased an LCD monitor which I have decided to return due to
>> image ghosting in 3D games. The ghosting isn't that bad really, but it
>> induces nausea which made me reconsider the purchase. It's a 1905FP
>> with but instead of giving me an authorization they're blaming my video
>> card or corrupt drivers. Is this just a method to kill time before my
>> allotted
>
> Sounds like a video card to me as well. You try different drivers?

Wrong, it's the nature of LCD screens to have those ghosting artifacts.
Some LCD units can't refresh the screen as quickly as most cheap monitors
can, and it causes blurred images when moving/doing quick things - you can
sometimes see this in a DVD movie, but it's easiest to detect in a video
game with a high frame-rate.

COLOR LCD monitors are fine on the desktop for a office worker, where they
don't do image editing, CAD, and other graphics type work, but they just
don't hold a candle to a CRT at half the same price.

--
spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

> Wrong, it's the nature of LCD screens to have those ghosting artifacts.
> Some LCD units can't refresh the screen as quickly as most cheap monitors
> can, and it causes blurred images when moving/doing quick things - you can
> sometimes see this in a DVD movie, but it's easiest to detect in a video
> game with a high frame-rate.

Are you talking about blurring or ghosting? I though blurring was the result
from a slow refresh rate and ghosting was a slight second image next to the
main image. (?)