Dell Reveals Venue 10 7000 Tablet With RealSense Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tchad

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015
The camera has potential, especially for business uses. I own the 8 7000 though and after an hour or so I haven't touched it again. It just doesn't perform well.

That aside, I would love to see how this feels in hand.

afroman340

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014
Now hopefully they resolved the charging, wi fi, and docking module issues with the last ones. We had 3 of these at my job all bought throughout a year and ALL of them had almost everything replaced but the actual touch panel. Also when you have to show users how to regularly re-install their wi fi drivers because it looses them all the time, that's not a real great product.

All in all though I hope this new version works out much better because these have potential to be amazing products.

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
Too bad Dell didn't use the Atom x7 Z8000-series. CPU performance probably wouldn't be a lot better than the Z3580, but the GPU performance improvement should be big, and battery life might improve by another hour, too.

Chris Droste

Honorable
May 29, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmm; This, or a Surface3(non-pro) ??

i mean i love Android but at this price point for the 10 7000 the surface will be the main competition and use full-blown, secure, WORKING Office/Outlook/etc

i feel like this needs another gig of ram at least for being what it is.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
To me this would be a better sell if it was a Windows tablet. Android is just a joke for work or otherwise, I find the OS clunky,finiky and damn slow.To me Windows 8.1 & 10 offers more speed,reliabilty and flexibility than Android. Android for work is just trying to take the mud out of a pig.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I would definitely choose a Surface 3 when looking for a laptop replacement tablet. I'm in the market for one and I've been heavily debating between this and the Venue 10, the Venue 10 has quad HD and full size keyboard, but not having a productivity suite on Android that's at least Office compatible is kind of a deal breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.