[SOLVED] Dell s2419hgf

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Hello,

Before one month i bought Dell s2419hgf TN panel monitor . Before this i had Philips 1080p 60 Hz i dont know what panel. Thing is that on the same gpu (gtx 1660 6gb Gigabyte) game Hunt: Showdown looks better than on new monitor. Philips monitor is about 8 yrs old and still has better picture. Also Dell costed 40 % higher than Philips. I'm asking should I keep Dell monitor or sell him for decreased price (it is used for one month) and then buy 1080p 75 Hz IPS panel monitor, for little lower or same price as Dell. I think the 75 Hz IPS enough for me cause i like rich colours and not that Herz freak.

Gtx 1660 6gb gigabyte
I5-9600kf
Gigabyte B365 M aorus elite
Seasonic 650W gold semi modular
Kingston hyperx 3200 2x8 GB

Solution
Up to you if you want to sell it, if you don't like how it looks seems silly to keep it. Did you try any other settings with it or just using it with the default profile? TN vs IPS will be a noticeable difference.

Hi guys,

I tried different settings for my monitor like hue, saturation, gain and offset options following the web page I found, and adjusted these settings as in web page on my monitor and I was really surprised how good colors are with this monitor and now I don't wanna change it. I thought on first these mentioned setting are locked but I reached them through custom color. I'm writting these to correct myself and for others who have this monitor to adjust these settings and everything will be okay. Games look...

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Up to you if you want to sell it, if you don't like how it looks seems silly to keep it. Did you try any other settings with it or just using it with the default profile? TN vs IPS will be a noticeable difference.

I tried diferent settings brightness and contrast but nothing big happens. I'll try with IPS I expect better than with this one. And there are lot of 75 Hz IPS 1080p monitors for current budget. Thank you for the anwser sharing your thoughts. Nice advice. After 8 yrs in monitor technology a lot has changed and I didn't follow these changes, I was making a purchase of monitor with my budget not by technology being used. Thanks

Last edited:

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

Hi guys,

I tried different settings for my monitor like hue, saturation, gain and offset options following the web page I found, and adjusted these settings as in web page on my monitor and I was really surprised how good colors are with this monitor and now I don't wanna change it. I thought on first these mentioned setting are locked but I reached them through custom color. I'm writting these to correct myself and for others who have this monitor to adjust these settings and everything will be okay. Games look remarkably good.

Best regards

Solution

TRENDING THREADS