DELL S2716DGR - GSYNC Input lag - BAD! ...HELP!

Blazk0_1

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016
I just bought my first GSYNC monitor ( DELL S2716DGR) is 27" @ 1440p @ 144hz. I used to use an ASUS VG248QE, which was a SUPER fast panel, with no ghosting( just bad screen tearing).
I have a i7 9700k and evga 1080.

So I plugged in my new dell s2716dgr - installed the display driver and the new NVIDIA driver for my 1080 (417.81 i think.?)
I went into Nvidia control panel , enabled GSYNC and put VSYNC ON. of course I keep VSYNC OFF in-game. but I was told to have it ON in NVCP.

this is where the weird stuff happens. I immediately notice input lag, almost as much as vsync on with my older asus monitor, actually my older asus was FASTER with vsync ON! I also noticed blurring when moving really fast ( turning 180 degrees fast).

I was playing insurgency sandstorm and the input lag was making me terrible at the game! t was like my mouse on screen felt "heavy" or something. I couldn't aim nearly as good as I could with gsync off. ALSO, I noticed some slight stutters with GSYNC on every now and then.

Is this monitor known for input lag? I am super sensitive to changes in-game. ( I can tell a massive difference between 120hz and 144hz).

If anyone has this monitor please help me!

how do I reduce this input lag with GSYNC ON!

I guess I should have gone with the ASUS ROG swift...

I simply cannot use GSYNC, too much input lag

Blazk0_1

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016
UPDATE: I put my 1440p monitor on 1080p resoultion and t he gsync was much more responsive, it felt alot better.

I wonder if my 1080 isnt powerful enough for 144hz 1440p gaming? maybe a more powerful graphics card will make it more responsive?