Dell S2719DGF 155Hz Gaming Monitor Review: Speedy QHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2018
I bought one of these and returned it. It had a nice picture for TN, but I was getting horrible tears playing DooM using freesync. My old reliable monitor does not do this.

AlistairAB

Distinguished
May 21, 2014
They get a deservedly bad rap. Gamma will be all way off. Look at the file explorer icon for example, it will bloom on TN monitors. Painful to look at unless you are very young. It's garbage, and they should stop making TN monitors. "Rap" comes from experience.

milkod2001

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
make it 4k at 32" size, 120Hz would do. Is that so much to ask in nearly 2019?
1440p monitors are so 2010. Still have one, there is no way i'lll get another only because it has faster refresh rate.

barryv88

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Am i missing something here?? This is a FREESYNC monitor for goodness sakes. Which means, Tom's was supposed to test it with an AMD card, then report to us how well Freesync worked in games. Come on guys, pull up your socks....

Nov 1, 2018
BARRYV88 14 hours ago
Am i missing something here?? This is a FREESYNC monitor for goodness sakes. Which means, Tom's was supposed to test it with an AMD card, then report to us how well Freesync worked in games. Come on guys, pull up your socks....

He did test it with an R9 285. He probably should have used a more recent GPU but oh well I guess.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

Depends on what you want. Unless you have a top-end GPU, 1440p still makes a lot of sense.

I do agree with you on one thing: 4k monitor @ 32". That's what I'd want, if I went 4k.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
Please Asus, just give us what we really want...

ROG Swift PG35VQ 200Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 10-bit 21:9 (UQHD) 35-inch curved monitor

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG35VQ/

My Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti Overclocked O11G eagerly awaits the arrival of a worthy monitor ;-)

Dec 21, 2018
Just bought one of these over black Friday which replaced an older 1080 VA panel. The whole time I was thinking I was more of an "IPS" guy and would hate this TN panel. But then I remember the reason I went VA a couple years ago -- it was because of the light bleed around the edges which is typical for IPS. VA doesn't usually have that problem and the contrast is better. However, after putting this new TN panel next to the VA -- it just makes the VA look like crap. The higher tier TN panels of today are excellent and the S2719DGF is the best monitor I've ever had, period! The colors are rich and accurate, it has good contrast, good viewing angle. It's just a great overall monitor. So good I decided to buy a second one and retire my VA panel completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.