[SOLVED] Dell S2719DGF freesync with nvidia card

citakultura

Commendable
Feb 12, 2018
Hi! I have question about freesync. I have Nvidia gsync compatible gpu and i want to use freesync on my dell monitor. problem is when i use hdmi 2.0 i can turn on freesync on my monitor, but no gysync option apears on nvidia control panel. When DP connected i see Gsync on control panel. Main question is can i use hdmi 2.0 and freesync will work or i need DP and turn Gsync on in control panel ? p.s with DP colours looks low saturated.
Thank you for your time.

Solution
G-sync and G-sync compatible will only work through Display Port with an Nvidia card.

Freesync will work over HDMI since it is mostly software based. G-Sync is more closely tied to Nvidia hardware. G-Sync monitors have a bespoke scalar (g-sync module) that takes some of the latency out. G-sync compatible monitors are using a software layer to make it work.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
G-sync and G-sync compatible will only work through Display Port with an Nvidia card.

Freesync will work over HDMI since it is mostly software based. G-Sync is more closely tied to Nvidia hardware. G-Sync monitors have a bespoke scalar (g-sync module) that takes some of the latency out. G-sync compatible monitors are using a software layer to make it work.

Reactions: citakultura
Solution

citakultura

Commendable
Feb 12, 2018

Thank you for your answer. Then i need to use DP, some idea why i have washed out colours with DP ?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Looks like that runs Display Port 1.2, rather than 1.3, might not have the bandwidth to handle all the features you want at once. Though that should do 165hz at 1440p 4:4:4

Double check what Chroma sub-sampling you are running. At high resolution and high frame rates, it may be dipping down into a less then ideal color mode. 4:4:4 is the ideal, full details on every pixel, buy many panels will default to something lower like 4:2:0, or 4:2:2 which is more of an approximation.

Could just be the cable though.

citakultura

Commendable
Feb 12, 2018
Looks like that runs Display Port 1.2, rather than 1.3, might not have the bandwidth to handle all the features you want at once. Though that should do 165hz at 1440p 4:4:4

Double check what Chroma sub-sampling you are running. At high resolution and high frame rates, it may be dipping down into a less then ideal color mode. 4:4:4 is the ideal, full details on every pixel, buy many panels will default to something lower like 4:2:0, or 4:2:2 which is more of an approximation.

Could just be the cable though.

im using 144hz at 1440p with Full RGB enabled in nvidia control panel. with hdmi its works great, but with DP its need some calibration.