Dell Says Its New XPS 435 is "Mind Blowing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
^+11111. I too don't understand that. I know people don't have much time, but seriously, if you can find time to game then you can most certainly find time to build it your self. Even if you don't know how to do it, there are places like Toms,etc and many guides/websites that can help out with your first build.

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
after you realize how much you paid for so little (2x-3x what you could build it for), yes, i'd say it was "Mind Blowing"

it only supports a single PCI-express x16 slot!

Claimintru

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Not to mention plenty of other online system builders who would be glad to build a high end PC for MUCH less (If you don't have the know-how or time to do it yourself)

G

HAHAHAhahaha, jeesh, mind blowing, from a 4850 to 4870 LOL, will be overpriced just like the rest of the xps line.

granted their laptops are not bad value for money (take the studio 17 line) but seriously, dell for a high spec gaming machine, no head over to rock or another performance builder if you cant do it yourself.

I mean, yes go with x58, yes i7 but for goodness sake, 1 yes ONE pcix16, youre having a laugh Dell LOL The case is a mess, definately restricted airflow, crappy cooler, no doubt dell revised bios (goodbye overclock) and possibly the worst cable management on any high end system ive ever seen yet.

No dell stick to budget quality for the masses and leave the custom rigs to alienware, thats why you bought them out anyways isnt it!

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Way i look at it, as much as i hate Dell, they are doing in right, people will buy it because they are ignorant, of course you and i (the avid PC builder/enthusiest) would think it's nonsense to buy one of these systems, but remember habout 80% of americans are completely mindless and ignorant, Dell is getting paid to exploit this... It's highway robbery, but it happens...

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
"Here son, I bought you a $3000 computer with a $200 graphics card in it, have fun!"

Seriously, companys like Alienware and Voodoo may have been boughtout with corporate greed, but there are plenty of new upstarts to shop from. Support smaller business, don't just blindly throw your money into Dell's swelling bank account.

Dell's computers are generally just crap. My old "workstation" PC at work had dual-Xeons, but only 1GB of memory and a 40GB harddrive. My current "desktop" at work has 2GB of memory, but only an 80GB harddrive and a meager 1.8GHz Celeron. What blind monkey pieces these computers together, and why do companys pay millions/billions of dollars a year to lease them?

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]"Here son, I bought you a $3000 computer with a $200 graphics card in it, have fun!"Seriously, companys like Alienware and Voodoo may have been boughtout with corporate greed, but there are plenty of new upstarts to shop from. Support smaller business, don't just blindly throw your money into Dell's swelling bank account.Dell's computers are generally just crap. My old "workstation" PC at work had dual-Xeons, but only 1GB of memory and a 40GB harddrive. My current "desktop" at work has 2GB of memory, but only an 80GB harddrive and a meager 1.8GHz Celeron. What blind monkey pieces these computers together, and why do companys pay millions/billions of dollars a year to lease them?[/citation]

1. Companies pay millions/billions of dollars to lease them because they have incompetant IT guys that do not have a concience because they are spending corporate money when they are told to get every computer in the company updated...

2. The "blind monkey" that builds these machines are the monkeys that DELL outsources to, like India, Mexico, etc...

3. The combination of the two is part of the reason this country is so screwed up. Companies like dell take advantage of MOST of the general public and they have proprietary products as well as horrible support. welcome to America...

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]This machine is nothing special.Purchase from Dell for $3,000 or built it for $1,200[/citation]

Yeah and then cripple it by ripping a pci-e slot off of the mobo and then call it a dell :)

[citation][nom]Jonpaul37[/nom]Way i look at it, as much as i hate Dell, they are doing in right, people will buy it because they are ignorant, of course you and i (the avid PC builder/enthusiest) would think it's nonsense to buy one of these systems, but remember habout 80% of americans are completely mindless and ignorant, Dell is getting paid to exploit this... It's highway robbery, but it happens...[/citation]
Oh so true....
Take a look here:
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/PlayStation-Rash-Skin-Irritation,news-3514.html
People don't even have commonsense.

m3kt3k

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
DID I read this right? No CrossFire or SLI? That is mindblowing that they would sell a PC for 3Grand and NOT GIVE YOU THAT OPTION. Dell the Other Apple.

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]$1000 in parts paired with a cheap ass power supply assured to fry your $1000 in parts.[/citation]
WOO YEAH I LOVE THOSE.

Saddly you can get something better from cyberpower and the like. What kind of X58 board only has 1 PCI-E graphics slot? Well looking at the system information it seems as though it also offers 1 8x slot, but I wonder. Anyway I can't see anybody who knows anything actually recommending this thing.

bad_code

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
[citation][nom]m3kt3k[/nom]DID I read this right? No CrossFire or SLI? That is mindblowing that they would sell a PC for 3Grand and NOT GIVE YOU THAT OPTION. Dell the Other Apple.[/citation]

Where is this $3000 coming from? I am going to bet its more like $4000+ if you want 4.5 TB HDD space. Any takers? lol

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
I took over the IT position at my work. The old IT guy had purchased ALL Dell. Needless to say I insisted on building my own PC when I came.

I do think that Dell has improved over the last few years (a little). I had to open up a machine that was purchased about six months ago and was surprised at the quality. The board was Intel branded, the heatsink was HUGE and even had a fan on it, and the cable management was very neat (although it was a pain to take the power supply out as the routing was f'd up). It only took about 3 minutes on a chat session to get a replacement part and was received the next day. I didn't even have to go through the dumb ass troubleshooting questions like I always got from them in the past! However, the power supplies are still crap, the memory still seems to go bad fairly often, and I still think they use some of their "refurbished" hard drives in new machines as they also seem to go bad quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.