Question Dell SE2419H with Diagonal black line

kenmtb

Honorable
Jun 1, 2017
My monitor has a fixed diagonal black like about an inch long and a pixel wide at the bottom right of the screen. I tried swapping HDMI cables but the line seems to be caused by the monitor itself.
It is not greatly annoying but I'm not sure what is causing it. I noticed this a few weeks ago.
Should I ignore it?

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
My monitor has a fixed diagonal black like about an inch long and a pixel wide at the bottom right of the screen. I tried swapping HDMI cables but the line seems to be caused by the monitor itself.
It is not greatly annoying but I'm not sure what is causing it. I noticed this a few weeks ago.
Should I ignore it?
Well, I would be suspicious, extremely, but that's just a personal preference.
Is it possible to connect the monitor to a different pc and or laptop to see if still has the line?
Also, can you log into safe mode and see if you still get the line?
Also, try moving your mouse cursor over it. Does it seem like it is behind the mouse cursor or in front of it, I mean the amount you can distinguish?

kenmtb

Honorable
Jun 1, 2017
Well, I would be suspicious, extremely, but that's just a personal preference.
Is it possible to connect the monitor to a different pc and or laptop to see if still has the line?
Also, can you log into safe mode and see if you still get the line?
Also, try moving your mouse cursor over it. Does it seem like it is behind the mouse cursor or in front of it, I mean the amount you can distinguish?

Hi-
After examining the monitor power off, the line is inside the screen itself. It looks like a piece of dark silver wire power off. When the power is on it appears as a black line. It is not a crack either.

130007827_3891172764227395_2646035105611076153_n.jpg

K this is embarrassing but I will post, the line must have been from a pen or marker, I was able to clean it off with alcohol. I did try rubbing at it before and that had no effect so I thought it was inside the monitor. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited: