Dell SE2717H 27-inch IPS FreeSync Gaming Monitor Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArnisR

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
Pixel Response & Input Lag diagrams are wrong. They are duplicates of uniformity diagrams.

Adroid

Distinguished
You know, I have been eyeing the ASUS Rog PG279Q because I'm currently running a NVidia card, but at 800$ it's a hard pill to swallow. Seeing a good quality screen like this, when you add a 500$ graphic card, it's still less than the Asus monitor alone, makes you really second guess spending that much.

I'm an "old school" gamer, and I am pretty bummed that 16:10 is essentially a lost cause. People don't realize that it's a superior resolution, in particular for MOBA and RTS games where battles can be taken place vertically... I'm thinking about the 1440p screen because it will give a bit more than the 1920x1200 I'm currently using, but dang I wish I could find a ULMB Gsync/freesync screen with 2560x1600 and at least 120hz - but I'm sure not holding my breath.

Rassalas

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
Isn't 1080P kind of out of date nowadays? I would think at least 4K would be the lower threshold for something to brag about.

Adroid

Distinguished
1080p is OK. Depends on what you are doing. You have to consider on FPS games the larger the resolution, the smaller your targets will be. For example, CS:GO at 4k would be very difficult to make "flick shots", which is game lingo for flicking your mouse and shooting faster than your eyes can keep up. It's essentially a controlled shot blind, developed from many hours of play and settings on the mouse that fit the player.

For MMO games, and I'm sure a number of other games and genres, the bigger the resolution, the better - provided the game has proper scaling for text and interface. What I mean is there are certain games if you run at 4k the text is unreadable because it's so small... In this case a smaller resolution is the only answer. 1080p is pretty much the "standard" that all games work towards, so I would guess confidently that most, if not all, games will support it (modern games do undoubtedly).

But to answer your question, no, I wouldn't say it's out of date. It's the most common resolution for streaming, video, and compatible with 99.9% of game systems, TVs, media, and the list goes on (albeit 1080p is not 100% to scale in most video thanks to the biggest blunder of our time).

Adroid,
You do not gain anything with a more square aspect, in fact you LOSE by seeing less information to the sides.

Scaling issues aren't much of an issue today either in terms of game text. Also, I have no idea what "blunder" you are referring to with 1080p and video scaling.

16x9 is the ideal ratio for a screen.

AdMan The

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016
Congrats and thanks again for your continuous, voluntary, reliably-dependable, sub-conscious and especially in this week's historically insignificant instance Your inpatient and passionate participation in:
"Eternally Distracted Sheeple - Sustained by Sh!tty Fodder from Greedy Farmers"

It's NOT AN ART! It is Science, Social Engineering, Years of Persistent, Neural++
RE-Programming, behavior modification, positive and negative sanctions, etc., etc.,
PERSONALIZATION: Promoting, Procuring, Providing "Personalized Power Products" to Multiple Massive Markets - Irregardless of the Socio-Economic Demographics by EMPLOYING THE UBER-EGO...

Sharing is caring and caring is sharing,
SO...Let's end all that silliness and all get sorted right now....
UNDERSTAND, and accept these simple Rules, we all PASS with BONUS Points!

Rule#1: LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!
Rule#2: QUALITY then Quantity.
Rule#3: Live, Laugh, Love
Rule#4: 10000x7000 (IMAX)

*I took a few minutes to really research this, for my own agenda
(Perceived Needs/Wants) VERSUS (Actual Needs/Wants).
A few minutes turned into several hours and a savings of several thousand dollars much better understanding. Additionally - A sincere thank you to ALL Y'ALL.
I thought I knew, that what I knew, was correct and true, pausing to check my facts stopped my ignorance in it's tracks and availed me the opportunity to learn as well as urge all of you to spend a few minutes fact checking yourself and the other interested parties.

With my High and Mighty Attitude of Gratitude - Peace out!

Status
Not open for further replies.