Dell (Sony) 19" Monitor problem on Dell system

While my 19" monitor (a Dell P991 which is made by Sony)was on (i.e.
not on startup), it suddenly started displaying gray horizontal
streaks horizontally across the screen next to black text. The
monitor display also darkened in general with some colors looking
oversaturated. The monitor looks the same with different resolutions
and in Safe Mode (I run XP Pro). I've hooked the monitor to another
computer (IBM laptop) and it looks fine (so the monitor itself appears
to be OK). Other things that I've done:

Uninstalled and reinstalled the video card and display drivers.
Opened the computer and reseated the video card (NVIDIA GeForce 256)

I'm suspecting that the video card might be bad. Do you think that
I'm on the right track? Any other ideas?

(Please reply to group)

TIA

Sounds like your video card is dying, and it's time for a new one :(

--
DaveW