[SOLVED] Dell soundbar

stempiato

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
Hi there. I tried looking for a similar thread before opening this one but I could not find anything.
Right now, for my pc, I'm using a pair of wall powered sandstrom sbs2012. I'm not a fan of high volume while playing or watching movies and the quality sound of these speakers is decent for my standard. The problem is that i hate cables and I'm trying to get rid of them as much as I can. that's why I was thinking to buy one of those battery powered soundbar so I would have the usb and the 3.5mm from the soundbar to my monitor and that's it. The Creative Stage air would be almost perfect for my situation but I found out that keeping it plugged in all the time it's not ideal for this soundbar or any battery powered one. I kept looking for an alternative and I came across the Dell ac511 soundbar witch fit perfectely in my dell u24 monitor and it has only a usb cable who does the job of powering and carrying audio.
My decision is almost final (I really don't have many option out there). My question is: What would it be the quality sound of the Dell soundbar compared to my actual sandstrom speakers? I know I'm talking about a very cheap audio solutions here and probably they're not even worth to opening new thread but cable-fobia is a serious thing guys:p

Solution
Get bluetooth speakers if you don't want cables. A soundbar (or any speakers) that use a USB cable for power and audio will not sound very good. We use those for work to "ding" a notification, but that's about it. It's not horrible but I wold not use them for anything myself. You are trying to get rid of the wrong cord, keep the power cord, use bluetooth for audio. Getting low quality audio to save a cable is not a trade-off many people would do.
Get bluetooth speakers if you don't want cables. A soundbar (or any speakers) that use a USB cable for power and audio will not sound very good. We use those for work to "ding" a notification, but that's about it. It's not horrible but I wold not use them for anything myself. You are trying to get rid of the wrong cord, keep the power cord, use bluetooth for audio. Getting low quality audio to save a cable is not a trade-off many people would do.

Solution