Dell Streak 5'' Phone Officially Priced at $299/549

Status
Not open for further replies.

kezix_69

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
It's retarded how many phones are coming out with the 1Ghz Snapdragon Processor... Isn't it about time for some 2Ghz phones????

Or maybe if they advertised battery life we could see each new phone with a longer battery life even though the processor is the same.

So far I haven't seen any phones come out in the past 6 months that has been a step ahead of the rest in ANY way...

darkbunny

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
The other major weaknesses are the carrier and the fact that it's selling for 300 dollars with a 2-year contract. I honestly don't know much about AT&T's actual coverage, so I'll leave that alone (and God knows it's been beaten to death), but what I do know is that they'll lock this phone down, just like with the Backflip, which is sad.

I still really can't get over the price, though. It's not even any more expensive than most phones off-contract, so I don't understand why it's 300 with one.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Why would you pay $300 on a phone that cannot install off market apps without rooting when the Evo and the Epic do?

AT&T must believe their customers are idiots... well, who else would get iphone4s when superior products are in the market?

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I waited and waited and waited....then I gave up. Bought the Captivate on the 30th. I still have a few days to take it back I guess, but 1.6 seems like a BIG drawback.
I was starting to think the Dell Streak was being released at the same time as Duke Nukem Forever.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Just realized this. But Dell has had the worst and most botched cell phone release I can remember ever happening so what do they do. They hold off releasing it until FRIDAY THE 13TH. Good call.

ares1214

Splendid
Best phones on the market are The Galaxy S lineup. Best Galaxy S phone is the Sprint Epic...so basically instead of everything being the "iphone killer" we now will need the "epic galaxy killer". This is not it...

melvis72

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]About damn time Dell, this should have been out weeks ago. So glad they announced it finally and I do wear fatigues alot with big pockets at work. The big screen will suit me just fine. I've never had a problem with AT&T since 2003 I've had them before the bashing begins! Come Friday I can say intruly have the biggest baddest phone on my block![/citation]

How is it the baddest phone on the block with Android 1.6???? Biggest phone on the block yes. Personaly I will stick with my Evo and Android 2.2

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Anyone think they could take on the iPad or jump into the small tablet market if they dropped the phone radio, 3G radio, and the price by $150 (chopped off the off contract part)?

Could probably drop the double flash and back facing camera to drop the $ below 400.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Way too big for a phone. Way too small for a tablet. I can't even begin to imagine a use for this device considering the up front price and the contract requirements.

adonn78

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
Can I get one without the phone? just a tablet for browsing the web, google maps, while I am driving, waiting in line, or on the toilet....

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
There is no excuse for not coming with the latest version of the OS.

This is the problem with other cellphone manufacturers. Each one has a different version of the OS, they probably mess with parts of the OS too. I am not an apple fan and have never been, but at least when you get an iphone you know that all features of the OS will work, and all of the available apps will work too. You know that the phone will be supported. With other manufacturers you don't have any guarantees of how the phone will work, and you are guaranteed that they will support it only until they bring out their next model. I've been there with my Windows Mobile phone by Samsung, I'm not going there again.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Wish it had a higher resolution (1366x768 please), more internal storage (16 or 32GB), and two MicroSD slots.
I'm not a huge fan of capacitive touch, and would prefer the option for either capacitive or resistive (I'm in a cold country, I like gloves).
In a device that size however, I'd think they could fit a Intel CULV with 2GB RAM (then again, that would be a lot more expensive).
How about a better camera? Or are those who want a phone that takes decent pictures stuck with Sony?

While I do like the Dell Streak, I have no idea on how I'd carry it with me, and no way in hell am I wearing a man purse.

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
I had to re-read that... $300 WITH a contract??? Thats insane! I would be very surprised if someone doesn't get fired over the Dell Streak project.

Status
Not open for further replies.