[SOLVED] DELL Studio 1555 issues ?

icarus2712

Honorable
Jul 6, 2018
My ancient dell studio1555 laptop suddenly does not boot on battery alone. The progress indicator is stuck in middle.
However it boots normally with battery removed and directly on mains adapter. When i insert the battery when it is running on adapter, it shows battery symbol.
Laptop doesn't boot when battery + adapter plugged in. i have removed everything, pressed powerfor 1 minute,still nothing

Along with that ,the keyboard too has suddenly stopped working. It works only in bios settings. I tried uninstalling in device manager, reset windows. Nothing works.
trackpad works fine.

what seems to be the issue here? i am on win 10

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
For the battery issue, I think the battery (considering it's age) is probably a goner. Usually laptops might give a warning upon boot that your battery has no capacity left; in your case, it boots, checks on things, and once it gets up to the battery, it gets stuck. Check your BIOS settings for a battery warning and try turning it off. If that doesn't work, there should be another option in the BIOS to make the checking process quicker. Not all PCs have these options, even though they really should. I have used a Dell Studio 1558, and the battery lasts for about 20 minutes. I don't remember the BIOS settings on it, though.

As for the keyboard, the fact that it works in the BIOS settings means that it's a software/driver issue...

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
For the battery issue, I think the battery (considering it's age) is probably a goner. Usually laptops might give a warning upon boot that your battery has no capacity left; in your case, it boots, checks on things, and once it gets up to the battery, it gets stuck. Check your BIOS settings for a battery warning and try turning it off. If that doesn't work, there should be another option in the BIOS to make the checking process quicker. Not all PCs have these options, even though they really should. I have used a Dell Studio 1558, and the battery lasts for about 20 minutes. I don't remember the BIOS settings on it, though.

As for the keyboard, the fact that it works in the BIOS settings means that it's a software/driver issue. Check the DELL Support site for the latest drivers for the keyboard, that would be my first move.

Reactions: icarus2712
Solution