Dell Studio CDR/W drive constantly ejects

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcurtiss

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
The "ejecting" light on the face of the Studio flashes on and off irregularly (sometimes constantly, sometimes not for minutes). When I insert a disc, it will start to read, then eject. This is a 2008 edition, all software up to date, driver uninstalled then reinstalled, upper and lower filters cleared. I desperately need to reformat the hard drive due to memory conflicts not related; but cannot, since even in Safe Mode I cannot reinstall or repair Windows, due to constant disc ejection. Help!

Solution

I see. Well, most people in your situation explain that, up front, and the responses are more detailed, step by step, so as to be able to assist you. Since I do not possess ESP, I did not know that, Sorry I was not able to help you. Somebody else may read your thread, and put up with your attitude.
No response is necessary, as I have blocked any further responses to this thread.

Errors in device manager or event viewer ?
Try cleaning the optical sensor.

I see. Well, most people in your situation explain that, up front, and the responses are more detailed, step by step, so as to be able to assist you. Since I do not possess ESP, I did not know that, Sorry I was not able to help you. Somebody else may read your thread, and put up with your attitude.
No response is necessary, as I have blocked any further responses to this thread.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS