[SOLVED] Dell T5500 motherboard/system upgrade options!

Jan 1, 2020
Hi guys,

I have a Dell T5500 which needs some upgrading so it would be able to handle editing 4K videos with ease.

My current specs are:

2x Intel Xeon x5670 @2.93 GHz
72Gb of Ram
Dell motherboard (not sure which one: BaseBoard Product 0CRH6C)
GeForce GTX 750 Ti, NVIDIA compatible
Dell T5500 case with Dell PSU

I need to understand if it's more reasonable to upgrade the motherboard/CPU to something faster at a reasonable price, or just opt in to buy a new computer. Budget is (kind of) limited :)

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Those models and cases are very custom for the system, I don't think you can upgrade it with another motherboard unless you measure the motherboard size and mounting holes and see if they match. Same thing with the PSU, is it a standard PSU connector?

Really that system is at the limit unless you want to try doing rendering using a video card, which you need to check with your software support.

A Ryzen 7 should be a lot faster and if you count in the cost of selling your system you may be able to get a new setup for not too much considering you want to edit 4k videos "with ease".
Those models and cases are very custom for the system, I don't think you can upgrade it with another motherboard unless you measure the motherboard size and mounting holes and see if they match. Same thing with the PSU, is it a standard PSU connector?

Really that system is at the limit unless you want to try doing rendering using a video card, which you need to check with your software support.

A Ryzen 7 should be a lot faster and if you count in the cost of selling your system you may be able to get a new setup for not too much considering you want to edit 4k videos "with ease".

Solution