DELL TECH SUPPORT

I had to call Dell tech support this morning for some help on my flat screen
monitor. I have the Gold warranty which gives you a special phone number
with U.S. tech support. Well, I was on hold for less than 1 minute, and
after spending almost an hour on the phone with me, tech support surmised
that I have a bad monitor. The replacement was shipped today and I should
have it tomorrow. Also, as a switch, I had to put tech support on hold for a
bit and he patiently waited for me.

I know that you have to pay extra for the Gold coverage, but I have already
forgotten about those few dollars - in fact, considering the cost of my
time, the coverage paid for itself today.

Needless to say, I am a happy camper. Oh, Dell is paying for the return of
the old monitor also.

Just thought I would pass this info on.

Harry

Harry Gordon wrote:

> I had to call Dell tech support this morning for some help on my flat screen
> monitor. I have the Gold warranty which gives you a special phone number
> with U.S. tech support. Well, I was on hold for less than 1 minute, and
> after spending almost an hour on the phone with me, tech support surmised
> that I have a bad monitor. The replacement was shipped today and I should
> have it tomorrow. Also, as a switch, I had to put tech support on hold for a
> bit and he patiently waited for me.
>
> I know that you have to pay extra for the Gold coverage, but I have already
> forgotten about those few dollars - in fact, considering the cost of my
> time, the coverage paid for itself today.
>
> Needless to say, I am a happy camper. Oh, Dell is paying for the return of
> the old monitor also.
>
> Just thought I would pass this info on.

I, too, opted for Dell's Gold Tech Support.

As you suggested, a little money spent now, saves a whole
lot, down the line.

Notan

I agree, Dell is just so great!

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 16:32:23 -0700, Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:

>> Just thought I would pass this info on.
>
>I, too, opted for Dell's Gold Tech Support.
>
>As you suggested, a little money spent now, saves a whole
>lot, down the line.

So how much was it?
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

Paul Knudsen wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 16:32:23 -0700, Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:
>
> >> Just thought I would pass this info on.
> >
> >I, too, opted for Dell's Gold Tech Support.
> >
> >As you suggested, a little money spent now, saves a whole
> >lot, down the line.
>
> So how much was it?

I ordered my system (a Precision Workstation) in December of 2003,
with "Same Day 4-Hour 5x10 Parts and Labor On-Site Response." At
that time, Gold Tech Support (GTS) was included as a free upgrade.

I've looked at my invoices, but none of them show any dollar
amounts next to the individual parts or contract agreements.

I'd imagine that you could configure a system, online, and figure
out exactly how much GTS would currently cost.

By the way, this was all done under Dell's Small Business Division.

Notan

Also of particular note is the fact that your computer was a Dell Precision
Work Station and not a Dell Home Computer.
This makes a decided difference. Next time try buying a home computer from
the "Home Computer" division and see what you get for support(even if you
ARE willing to pay extra).

I added that last comment very facetiously, because, I am sure, having read
this group, for a long time and being very aware of the problems involved
with the support for those buyers, you are far too smart and well informed
to make that mistake.

> Paul Knudsen wrote:

> > >I, too, opted for Dell's Gold Tech Support.
> > >
> > >As you suggested, a little money spent now, saves a whole
> > >lot, down the line.
> >
> > So how much was it?
>
> I ordered my system (a Precision Workstation) in December of 2003,
> with "Same Day 4-Hour 5x10 Parts and Labor On-Site Response." At
> that time, Gold Tech Support (GTS) was included as a free upgrade.
>
> I've looked at my invoices, but none of them show any dollar
> amounts next to the individual parts or contract agreements.
>
> I'd imagine that you could configure a system, online, and figure
> out exactly how much GTS would currently cost.
>
> By the way, this was all done under Dell's Small Business Division.
>
> Notan

It was either in this thread, or another (They're all starting to look
alike! <g>), that I suggested that the GTS option be made available to
*all* buyers, regardless of which division their purchase was made from.

Notan

Irene wrote:

> Also of particular note is the fact that your computer was a Dell Precision
> Work Station and not a Dell Home Computer.
> This makes a decided difference. Next time try buying a home computer from
> the "Home Computer" division and see what you get for support(even if you
> ARE willing to pay extra).
>
> I added that last comment very facetiously, because, I am sure, having read
> this group, for a long time and being very aware of the problems involved
> with the support for those buyers, you are far too smart and well informed
> to make that mistake.
>
> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
> > Paul Knudsen wrote:

> > > So how much was it?
> >
> > I ordered my system (a Precision Workstation) in December of 2003,
> > with "Same Day 4-Hour 5x10 Parts and Labor On-Site Response." At
> > that time, Gold Tech Support (GTS) was included as a free upgrade.
> >
> > I've looked at my invoices, but none of them show any dollar
> > amounts next to the individual parts or contract agreements.
> >
> > I'd imagine that you could configure a system, online, and figure
> > out exactly how much GTS would currently cost.
> >
> > By the way, this was all done under Dell's Small Business Division.
> >
> > Notan

Paul, I looked at my billing forms also and did not see a price break down.
I would suggest going to the Dell web site and do some system configuring
under their small business option and you should be able to see what the
cost would be. Hope that helps.

Harry