Dell U2414H for Nvidia Surround 5760x1080 - Whats your opinion ? compared to Acer H236HL

prochaos

Reputable
May 7, 2014
Hi there fellow people, i would just like to know your opinion on the Dell U2414H are there any users out there who own it either as a single monitor or as my setup will hopefully be, with 3 of them 5760x1080, id love to here your comments and experience with it.

After much deliberation ive decided to bring my Nvidia Surround setup monitor choice down to Dell U2414H and perhaps Acer H236HL, if anyone has any other suggestions of any other ips monitors with a nice thin bezel id greatly appreciate it, the difference are as goes the dell has 8ms but the Asus has 5ms but as far as my research has taken me their the same ms, i wont tell the difference and neither would anyone else. Am i right ?

i was also curious about their different contrast ratios id love some insight into that the Dell has DCR 2,000,000 (1,000:1) and the Acer has ACM 100,000,000:1 (1000:1), which one is superior and does it really matter ? i dont think there is a better monitor than the Dell out there when it comes to it tiny tiny Bezel, as i asked previously if anyone knows of any other ips Top quailty Monitors with a thin Bezel im all ears.

As far as connecting them to my Single 780 Ti i would have to do so with adapters to the Dells hdmi ports, but i wouldnt have to with the Acer since it has a Dvi port, this wont make a difference though will it since their both 60hz and hdmi wont run over 60hz anyway, Right ?

I intend to use these monitors for gaming and general internet browsing, games such as BF4, DayzSA, Arma 3, Assassins Creed, Garrys Mod, Tomb Raider, TitanFall perhaps a little Skyrim.

If you would be able to point out the obvious for me and determine which one would suffice my needs id be a happy man

Heres my build :

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K
CPU Overclocking: 4.3Ghz - Extreme Overclock
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 Extreme Water Cooler
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper M5
RAM: 16GB Corsair 2133mhz Vengeance Pro (2x8GB)
Hard Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA SSD
Secondary Hard Drive: 2TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s HHD
Optical Drive: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB
Sound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio
Case: CM Storm Trooper or Corsair Obsidian 750D (Not sure Yet)
PSU: 850W Corsair RM Fully Modular

Kind regards Elliot

Oh btw i am aware of the video linus done on NCIXcom with the Acer H236HL actually on Surround gaming but a little more insight into the Dell and any other monitors on the market with a thin Bezel, low ms and a top notch image quality would be nice :)

prochaos

Reputable
May 7, 2014
Oh ive looked at so many monitors im forgetting the last 1 i looked at, i noticed that one, to thick a bezel for me to feel comfortable spending money on for 3 of em. hows your fps with the 660 Ti and using 3 monitors in fps intensive games like BF4 ? from what ive seen with these Dell U2414H they looking amazing for surround but i was wondering what others are out there if similar quailty or greater

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7652825&postcount=2252
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=27232

a couple examples of what people have done with the Dell

http://versus.com/en/dell-u2414h-vs-acer-h236hl

comparison

TRENDING THREADS