[SOLVED] Dell U2913WM Ultrasharp Monitor Issues

calebbranpulley

Reputable
Aug 27, 2017
Hey everyone, I recently got my hands on an old Dell monitor (see title) that was going to be recycled. I've been trying to fix it, but I can't seem to get it done so any assistance would be awesome. I'll start with what does work: the monitor will power on and self test, the built-in diagnostic test also works fine (different colored screens/pattern test), my computer also recognizes the display (It shows up in 'Devices and Printers'). As for the issues: the OSD menu does not appear, instead I only get two nav arrows < >, an 'X' and a check mark. I've tried resetting the monitor (unplug power/hold down menu button), all cable ports, different pcs, and I've even replaced the menu button board. I suspect its a firmware issue, and that either re-flashing it or replacing the main board will fix it. No one is selling that part online, so I'm stuck with the re-flashing solution and I have no idea how to do it. I realize that it may be a lost cause, but you never know. Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer some input!