Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor

hypocrisyforever

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
So, here is my question....Is the price of an M-PVA panel worth the quality bump up from a TN. I've always used TN panels with low response times and have found them more than adequate. I don't really do photo editing or anything like that, but I love pushing video games with all the settings turned up. That being said, im particularly interested in the "better color reproduction". I know it's mostly for photo editing and rendering, but i do like having the best. In your guys opinion, is the price difference worth it in my case?

Solution

They've improved it a lot in the recent revisions - I have an A01, and I find it completely usable for gaming, and the new ones should be A02, with even less lag than the A01. A00 was terrible though.

Oh, and just so you know, the Dell is an S-PVA, not M-PVA. I definitely think it's worth the money - it's visibly better than any TN panel I have ever seen. I thought it was a waste until I saw one for myself, and since then, I'm hooked.

They've improved it a lot in the recent revisions - I have an A01, and I find it completely usable for gaming, and the new ones should be A02, with even less lag than the A01. A00 was terrible though.

Oh, and just so you know, the Dell is an S-PVA, not M-PVA. I definitely think it's worth the money - it's visibly better than any TN panel I have ever seen. I thought it was a waste until I saw one for myself, and since then, I'm hooked.

Solution

hypocrisyforever

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
Yeah, I've read two reviews on that one monitor, and both have said it was "fine for gaming", ie, the response time isn't a factor. It did cross my mind....but yeah, sadly, i don't have access to one, all my friends are in the same TN boat as me. Thanks for the responses.