News Dell UltraSharp 4K Monitors Debut IPS Black Tech to Boost Contrast

forum111

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2014
Tuan Do on TechWalls did a review of the 27" model dated March 2, which I am just seeing now, and one of the few cons he listed was more backlight bleeding than on his previous Dell monitors - He noted he previously used a P2721Q. This is concerning to me as I am quite sensitive to backlit bleed and would expect a newer, next gen panel would have at least as good if not better performance than a previous gen.

I have some existing, lower res Dell UltraSharps using LG panels that I am fairly happy with, but I'm considering upgrading them. I was just about ready to pull the trigger on an order of multiple U3223QEs when I stopped because of the possible backlight bleed. I do wonder if this is something that might be worked out in early batches and corrected in later revisions/production runs. It wouldn't be the first time I have seen such things happen, although I've also experienced it as a "within spec" manufacturing variation that leaves you to simply gamble on what you might get from one unit to the next, all things being equal. I guess I will hold off until I can see more real world reviews.