Dell UP2715K 27-inch 5K Monitor Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logen_

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
On the specifications chart, it says that the panel is AMVA, but a little below the chart, it's mentioned that it's an IPS panel instead. Going by the conclusion and contrast ratio, definitely IPS. Also, 3 year warranty, that's.... so little for something that clearly deserves a 5 year or more, in my opinion.

ceberle

Contributing Editor
Editor
Dec 20, 2012
On the specifications chart, it says that the panel is AMVA, but a little below the chart, it's mentioned that it's an IPS panel instead. Going by the conclusion and contrast ratio, definitely IPS. Also, 3 year warranty, that's.... so little for something that clearly deserves a 5 year or more, in my opinion.

It is indeed AH-IPS not AMVA. Thanks for pointing out our error.

-Christian-

Jeff_53

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
Why isn't the MSRP on the first or last page? My interest in the product and features is directly tied to it's price.

PellehDin

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
If they fix the price issue - and the current price is about $1,500 and up - you might just skip the article, which they don't want.

CBender

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
I don't read the review articles just because of that. I am going to read a full review for a product not that I can't afford, but a product that I consider it be way overpriced (not for this particular review)

TallestJon96

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2014
I know I'm a gamer who's out of place in a professional work monitor article, but between the low response time, and you statement that you could play at 40fps, id love to see an article about gaming at 5k, particularly with titan x vs 980 ti benches

G

It is cool to see they are pushing 5k and what not but it is absulutely useless for PC on 27". The only perfect resolution right now is 2K 144Hz, everything over that is waste.

Uri___Pisarev

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
If they fix the price issue - and the current price is about $1,500 and up - you might just skip the article, which they don't want.

I have a Dell U3415W, a 34 inch Ultrawide. Price on it was also $1.5K and it did not move, but during the holiday season it fell to $700.

So if you are interested in a product don't just give up because you can't afford it, it can easily fall into your price range as long as you have reasonable expectations.

Uri___Pisarev

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
It is cool to see they are pushing 5k and what not but it is absulutely useless for PC on 27". The only perfect resolution right now is 2K 144Hz, everything over that is waste.

I had a 24 inch monitor and switched to a 32 inch TV and later to a 34 inch monitor.

I have to say, you can never go back in size ever again. I would not even look at 27 inch.

mrmez

Splendid

Maybe if you've got poor eyesight, just want to game or have a sub 25" panel.
I switched from 1440 to 5k ~18 months ago (both 27"), and the difference is amazing.
Remember this is a pro grade screen for pro users. What matters to them is colour range and accuracy. Refresh rate means almost nothing.

lip008

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
At $1500 I would just buy a refurbished iMac. I know this monitor will outlast the hardware within the iMac. Others may want to run a machine that is more capable than an iMac, but it's interesting to me how an AIO can sometimes be the same price or cheaper than just the monitor. The 5k iMac maxes out at 4k running Windows the last time I checked though.

Status
Not open for further replies.