Question Dell Vostro 15 3510 won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2023
I have two identical Dell Vostro 15 3510 laptops that each refuse to turn on.
I dismantled the laptops in order to fix and replace the top panels (behind the screen) and now cannot turn them back on. The first laptop was working after the disassembly and before hinges were reattached but suddenly stopped working afterwards when I returned to it the next day and the second is yet to be reassembled and I have not seen work as I was dumb enough to not test it beforehand.
The only Information I am receiving from the laptops (They don't show any sign of starting) is the second laptop still shows a charging light while plugged in.

All parts are correctly connected and I have tried the following fixes:
Perform a hard reset by unplugging the charger/battery and draining the power
Reseat/replace the Ram stick
Check that the charger and/or battery are working
Dell Diagnostic shortcuts (Pressing other keys while holding the power button)
Check that the power button works

I cannot think what else to try and am desperate for some help, I would be very grateful if anyone provide any kind of assistance before i accept that maybe the motherboard might need to be replaced as I cant find even similar issues online.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Word of advice, always check to see if the device actually works before you go ahead with disassembly. Often times you'll see people turn up with a faulty laptop, never mention that the laptop wasn't working to begin with and then pin the blame on the technician citing that the issue wasn't there to begin with = free laptop/repair/compensation.

That being said, you might want to see if you can power the laptop without the screen, hooked up to an external panel...like this guide;
follow till step 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.