Question Dell Vostro 3360 - Upgrading Ram? Think Again!

Jul 18, 2021
So i recently tryed to upgrade my ram on my vostro 3360 laptop. Silly me! İt was a 4 GB laptop which works without any problem. Then i found the same exact ram to upgrade it to 8 GB. Put the ram and hit the button. Voila it works no problem. Shut it down and hit the power button again, nope no more working. Remove the ram put it again. Then works but evertime i shut it down and start again it never starts.

So i tryed troubleshooting. Just use my old single ram. No its broken too somehow. Works at first and never work at second time. İ have to remove ram and reseat again or Clear CMOS to start the laptop everytime.

Tryed to upgrade and also downgrade the bios. Which was very very hard due to reset problem. İt didnt work..
Then i completely dissembly my laptop to check if theres any short or dirt. Didnt work either.

Removed harddisk, tryed with different rams, turn of the fastboot options, some Other tweaks with Windows or bios. Nothing works.

Another thing is CPU gets very hot too. 80c while browsing. İt wasnt like this before. Repaste thermal paste and still same.

So now everytime i want to start my laptop. i have to remove rams and put them again or have to clear CMOS. I really need help about this. Have to figure this out and use my laptop.

Also my English is kinda weak. Sory for this and thank you

Jul 18, 2021
Not identical. But they both Kingston 1.5 v and same MHz. Dont know about CL. Also as i said. İ tryed with 1 ram stick. Did not work. Tryed with another ram stick which i borrow from friend. Did not work either

Not identical. But they both Kingston 1.5 v and same MHz. Dont know about CL. Also as i said. İ tryed with 1 ram stick. Did not work. Tryed with another ram stick which i borrow from friend. Did not work either

Try again with RAM sticks having the following specs : 4GB 2Rx8 1.35V PC3L (or DDR3L).

If you want 8GB, make sure you have 2 identical sticks.

Jul 18, 2021
İ have solve the overheating problem. But i still cannot boot it second time. Only first time it boots normally. Then i have to remove ram or CMOS battery to make it boot again. İ really need help have to sell it but cant sell like this