[SOLVED] Dell Vostro Massively Underperforming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2019
I needed a small laptop that could reasonably game, so I purchased a Dell Vostro 5490 with an Intel Core i7-10510U, GeForce MX250 graphics, and 16GB of RAM. However, the GPU seems to be massively underperforming. At 1080p, on minimum settings, I barely get a stuttery, choppy, competitively unplayable 30-40fps in CS:GO. As well, in Userbenchmark, It says my MX250 is performing at around 7.5%, whereas most MX250s perform at roughly 15%. I've tried lots of fixes: making sure maximum and minimum processor state are at 100%, updated all drivers and graphics drivers, windows is up to date, I've ensured CS:GO is running with the MX250, etc. Does anybody know of any possible fixes for this or why this could be happening? I really appreciate it, as this will be my only gaming PC for the next eight months and I really can't survive without CS:GO!

Lutfij

Titan
Userbenchmark should be banned, it's only leading newcomers astray with misinformation. That being said, which version of Windows 10 are you on? Which BIOS version are you currently on for your laptop? Might want to manually download drivers from Dell's support site for all devices(except the GPU) and use Nvidia's support site to download the drivers meant for your GPU.

When installing each driver manually, use an elevated command, that is, Right click installer > Run as Administrator.

Nov 20, 2019
Yeah, I know Userbenchmark is <Mod Edit> but it's good for comparing performance of identical parts. Anyways, I'm currently on BIOS version 1.2.1. I updated all the drivers from Dell's website, and will try getting the GPU driver from the Nvidia website. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.