Question Dell WK636p Keyboard Randomly Not Sending Keystrokes

z_cook82

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
Hello! So I have a Wireless Dell WK636p Wireless Keyboard that always seems to randomly drop keystrokes on me. What I mean is that I'll be typing, then there is a horrible lag and my keystrokes start going through, or I'll be typing normally and the keystrokes just won't register properly and won't send letters. Say I typed "A man ran over to the other side of the road" it could end up being something like "A ma ran oer to th othr side o the road" The mouse has no issues, but occasionally gets some crazy lag as well. It's not a lag on the computer, because everything else seems to work fine,as videos will still play or remote sessions will still properly show a remote user moving their mouse and such. I've tried new batteries, plugging the USB dongle into other USB ports, updating drivers, etc and nothing seems to cure this. Does anyone else have a problem with this keyboard and have a fix?

Lutfij

Titan
Is the USB receiver plugged in, on the back of the PC? If so, try and see if the device plugged into the front USB ports changes your experience. Might also want to try and reinstall your chipset/USB drivers and see if that resolves the issue. You might also want to try out keyboard tester and see if the keystrokes are due to a faulty switch or cap not plunging to make contact(on the switch).

z_cook82

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
I am working off a laptop currently. I have tried every USB port, both on the laptop and on the docking station I have. I have reinstalled all chipset drivers, USB drivers, bluetooth driver, and docking station driver. Still same issue. That Keyboard tester ended up showing all keys working normally and not having issues with the switch or cap

TRENDING THREADS