Dell XP’s 8930 card reader bypass

darwin29.j

Prominent
Aug 10, 2018
I have a dell xps 8930 and i moved all the parts into a new case after I moved it I now get a error that turns on before windows boots up and I know it’s the card reader since that’s the only thing that isn’t plugged in I was thinking that I could maybe put a little jumper to make the error go away but I’m not sure if this is safe to do without breaking the motherboard thanks.

Solution

There is no jumper for this. The only other option is to find and purchase that part with attached cables, and attach those cables to motherboard.
If you want to go this way, please PM me your Service Tag Number (since you thrown away case, the only other place is BIOS, Main Tab).
Do not post Service Tag in open Forum, it is against the Forum Rules. I will try to find part number and check eBay for it.

Card Reader problem? - no problem!

Simple, but ugly solution.

This is your motherboard.

GUID-D35461DD-A7ED-40B8-9231-FB4194724809-low.jpg

Pull out card reader from XPS front plastic panel with wiring. Put it inside of your new case and attach connector to item #10 (media card reader connector (CARD_READER)). This is it.

I don't see the option in BIOS to disable card reader https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/xps-8930-desktop_service-manual_en-us.pdf page 121

In BIOS, under Advanced BIOS Features there is an option "Always Perform Integrity Check" if it is already disabled, not much more you can do, if it is enabled, disable it and report back.

If nothing helps, do as I said in the beginning.

There is no jumper for this. The only other option is to find and purchase that part with attached cables, and attach those cables to motherboard.
If you want to go this way, please PM me your Service Tag Number (since you thrown away case, the only other place is BIOS, Main Tab).
Do not post Service Tag in open Forum, it is against the Forum Rules. I will try to find part number and check eBay for it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS