Dell XP Disk

When attempting to install Media PLayer, windows askd for the XP home edition
CD to get some files. I have a Dell Dimension and all the original disks,
but none of them seem to be the one windows is looking for, so the
installation fails. Help if you can. THX

Dell Technical Support should know where they put the MS Windows install
files and how you would access them for times like this.

--
steve

nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
remove _thenut_ to reach me

"Confalone" <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When attempting to install Media PLayer, windows askd for the XP home
> edition
> CD to get some files. I have a Dell Dimension and all the original disks,
> but none of them seem to be the one windows is looking for, so the
> installation fails. Help if you can. THX

Thanks - I hope I can get to Dell Tech support

"joust in jest" wrote:

> Dell Technical Support should know where they put the MS Windows install
> files and how you would access them for times like this.
>
> --
> steve
>
> nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
> remove _thenut_ to reach me
>

> "Confalone" <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When attempting to install Media PLayer, windows askd for the XP home
> > edition
> > CD to get some files. I have a Dell Dimension and all the original disks,
> > but none of them seem to be the one windows is looking for, so the
> > installation fails. Help if you can. THX

I hope that they understand you.And that you can understand their
english!

On Sun, 29 May 2005 10:21:03 -0700, Confalone
<Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks - I hope I can get to Dell Tech support
>
>"joust in jest" wrote:
>
>> Dell Technical Support should know where they put the MS Windows install
>> files and how you would access them for times like this.
>>
>> --
>> steve
>>
>> nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
>> remove _thenut_ to reach me
>>

>> "Confalone" <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When attempting to install Media PLayer, windows askd for the XP home
>> > edition
>> > CD to get some files. I have a Dell Dimension and all the original disks,
>> > but none of them seem to be the one windows is looking for, so the
>> > installation fails. Help if you can. THX

TRENDING THREADS