Dell XPS 10 Easiest Tablet to Repair, Surface Pro Hardest

Status
Not open for further replies.

yialanliu

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
Not suprising. As much as we may not like dell, you have to remmeber, Dell makes everything ready to be serviced, unlike other companies that don't cater to business as their bread and butter.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]yialanliu[/nom]Not suprising. As much as we may not like dell, you have to remmeber, Dell makes everything ready to be serviced, unlike other companies that don't cater to business as their bread and butter.[/citation]

when it comes to things like tablets, im williong to look at companies i would never buy a pc from

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Firstly the XPS 10 isn't a tablet but a convertible. Secondly it seems like the sole purpose of these "news" are to draw hatred upon Ballmer's latest creation. Comparing the Surface Pro to a Lanovo Tablet 2, Acer W7 or Dell Latitude 10 would be far more reasonable.

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
[citation][nom]K2N hater[/nom]Firstly the XPS 10 isn't a tablet but a convertible. [/citation]

You're thinking of the XPS 12. XPS 10 is a Win 8 RT tablet with optional (and WAY overpriced) keyboard.

[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]when it comes to things like tablets, im williong to look at companies i would never buy a pc from[/citation]

Exactly. And guess who else is getting back into tablet scene after elected to abandon the Touchpad two years ago? HP. You can tell a woman is running that company from the constant mind changing.

skyjogger

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
extremepcs XPS10 comes as Win 8 Pro I have one on my desk. good little tablet. XPS 12 is where its at, better than any tablet I have used as a tablet and a damn good laptop as a laptop.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]10tacle[/nom]Exactly. And guess who else is getting back into tablet scene after elected to abandon the Touchpad two years ago? HP. You can tell a woman is running that company from the constant mind changing.[/citation]

no, they abandoned their propriatary os and... are they still useing it or did they go android...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
As yet, this website has not posted a review on the Surface Pro
All we seems to get is the same tired report of scoring low on the iFixit chart
Thanks, I read that weeks ago, along with all the actual reviews of the product which Tom's still can't seem to manage. Maybe you asked for one but Microsoft thought you were such a partisan site spewing anti-Microsoft vomit that when you asked for a test unit they told you to go fish, whilst every other reputable site got a free test model
Hell, even Penny Arcade got a test unit, are you really so low down the respectability chart that we have to rate you as 1 also? Or can we just call it an even zero...

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I actually don't care how easy it is to take something apart. I am more concerned about how reliable something is.

Cars from the past were easy to work on and didn't have much to them. But were unreliable in comparison to modern day vehicles. With modern day vehicles though scantools (can easily buy a bluetooth connection and app for a smartphone for $30) is a major asset to find out what is wrong. And it's not uncommon that you have to disassemble various things just to get to one part of the vehicle to make a repair, or test something. And when something does go wrong there is 1000x more things which it could have been in comparison to an older vehicle.

I will take a newer vehicle which is harder to repair but more reliable over an older easier to repair vehicle any day of the week. It doesn't matter how easy something is to repair if you don't have to repair it after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.