How To 

Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 ultimate accessory guide

qlkX8P0.png

At the time of writing (January 2017), the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 is a new laptop that is taking the mobile world by storm. Dell usually delivers competent devices but this 2-in1 is something special and is being reviewed very positively indeed. As any laptop user knows, a range of accessories enhances the ownership experience immensely, which is what prompted the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 ultimate accessory guide.

It is your quick guide to the range of accessories currently available for the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1. I haven’t had my Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 long so haven’t had a chance to try third-party accessories. So all the ones I list here are official ones from Dell.

Dell Power Companion
cs1601g0012_xps_13_9365_2in1_pdp_module12_c.jpg

For me, the ability to charge all my devices at once makes a major difference to my day. That’s what the Dell Power Companion achieves. It is a combined laptop and USB charger that can keep your Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 powered while also charging your phone, tablet or Bluetooth devices.

Dell Premier Sleeve 13
460-BCCU.jpg

The Dell Premier Sleeve 13 is designed to keep that sleek cover looking fantastic while not being too bulky. It doesn’t have space for a charger and accessories but it does have somewhere to put the stylus. It’s a cool way to carry around the XPS while keeping fingerprints and scratches at bay.

Dell Active Pen

750-AAMI.jpg

The Dell Active Pen works seamlessly with the touchscreen to allow note taking, handwriting, drawing or whatever. It’s a stylus that sits comfortably in the hand, is easily transported and works well. It is also easily losable, so keep it close!

Dell Premier Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

23_580-AFLL.jpg

The keyboard and touchpad of the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 is very good but if like me, you spend 10+ hours a day typing, it isn’t enough. That’s where the Dell Premier Wireless Keyboard and Mouse comes in. The keyboard is robust but comfortable and the movement is precise enough for daily use. The mouse is a nice-to-have and works just as well.

Dell Thunderbolt™ Dock

tbt_dock_tb15_big_mountain_lnb_00000b_bk.jpg

The Dell Thunderbolt™ Dock connects a Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 to other devices. It can power the laptop, connect to up to three HD displays or two 4K ones. There is also an Ethernet port and USB ports to round out connectivity. If you’re planning to use your XPS as a desktop replacement, you need this.

Dell Adapter
dl_da200_lnb_20030rf_bk_2_s.jpg

Finally, the Dell Adapter is for connecting on the move. It has USB-C, DMI, VGA and USB 3 connectors that can connect the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 to a projector, monitors, printers or any external device that uses USB-C or USB 3.

When more third party accessories are released for the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 I may write another tutorial to cover those. In the meantime, these Dell ones will have to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.