Dell XPS 13 or Macbook Pro 13

Advent Cloud

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Hi, if you are reading this I already thank you. I've been searching far and wide for a laptop that will fit my needs and it has been a difficult road. I think I've come close, but I would like second opinions and if anyone knows of something better then I would love to hear it. I will soon be leaving on a trip that could keep me away for many years. My first stop Australia. I'm looking for a companion, a laptop that will go to the ends of the earth with me literally. I plan on creating a blog while I'm away; as well as creating many a video. I will have my gopro (non 4k) with me for time-lapse, action and simple life videos. I need a laptop that will have the battery to keep up while I'm exploring forests. The performance to edit my video; maybe play a little league of legends on my down time and most importantly be light weight because I will be carrying it around in my back pack for many distances. My two choices are the Dell XPS 13 with i7 8gb of ram and 256hdd or the macbook pro 13' i7 16gb ram and between 256-512gb hdd I'm torn because I'm not to sure which one i need more. I love the size of the dell xps 13 along with the design weight and battery however I may need the performance of the macbook pro. This is where you come in, do i really need the mac with its crazy price tag or is the dell perfect for me or do you know of a mystical laptop that exceeds my exceptions on all counts. You let me know. If there is any more information you need please tell me and I will fill you in. Thank you and I look forward to your responses.

freeskier93

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
From what I've heard/seen the XPS has pretty bad battery life (relatively). Many reviewers were only getting 6-7 hours where the MacBook Pro will easily go over 10 hours. Other than that I think it's vastly OS preference.