Review Dell XPS 13 Review: Enter Tiger Lake

ThatMouse

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
I'm seeing limited stock in AMD models sadly :( I'm not sure what's going on. I'm waiting for a particular budget 4500U laptop to come back!

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Ok, am I the only one who, upon seeing the subtitle "Enter Tiger Lake" wished that Intel instead called this chip "Dragon Lake" so that the subtitle could be:

Enter The Dragon

No? Just me? sigh . . ok, I'll show myself out now.

Oct 30, 2020
Does it have sleep issues fixed already ? Many current XPS and latitude models suffers from not working modern sleep being pushed by dell and MS.

Sep 13, 2020
I got the previous version as my working machine even with lower specs and I have to say, the limited ports are the only real drawback since you need quite some adapters.
Other than that it is light very good keyboard, touch pad, touch screen, light weight good durability.

Arbie

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
I bought two XPS 13s. Both overheated and one was a real battle getting ThrottleStop to tame it. I won't be buying another one until they're AMD (because I'm also an AMD booster).

Jun 9, 2021
I bought one of these, and it's fantastic, except for one giant problem. The laptop will randomly overheat like crazy while in Sleep mode. This is apparently a known problem that has been going on for years with Dell. Google "XPS 13 9310 overheating". There is no solution right now. Someone needs to put Dell on full blast publicly so they'll fix this problem. Contemplating returning the unit while it's still under warranty.