Dell XPS 13 , should i get 4k or 1080p ?

ajbuilds

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
i'm planning to buy an xps 13 (2018) what matters most to me is color accuracy (sRGB and AdobeRGB) and honestly i looked everywhere yet some websites say 1080p is better at that , others say go for the 4k option and i don't know which one to believe.

if there's a better option with similar performance and aesthetics (since i'm a product designer), let me know.

also the software i use aren't MacOS friendly so MBPs are off the table.

Solution
Edit: I just realized you were talking about the laptop screen. For some reason i got it in my head that you were talking about an external monitor. Do you plan on traveling and working on the road a lot?

I would go with a 4k monitor rated at the desired level of color accuracy. The 1080p thing is a joke. Photographers would use 8k monitors if we could afford the cost. @ 1080p you'll see your photo at likely 1/4 or worse of the actual resolution. I use 1440p with sRGB and AdobeRGB as I use a dual monitor set up and didnt want to tax my computer with 2 , 4k screens. When i get a new computer, I will likely make the jump to 2x 4k monitors with sRGB and AdobeRGB. BenQ is where I would look if i were you.

sla70r

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Edit: I just realized you were talking about the laptop screen. For some reason i got it in my head that you were talking about an external monitor. Do you plan on traveling and working on the road a lot?

I would go with a 4k monitor rated at the desired level of color accuracy. The 1080p thing is a joke. Photographers would use 8k monitors if we could afford the cost. @ 1080p you'll see your photo at likely 1/4 or worse of the actual resolution. I use 1440p with sRGB and AdobeRGB as I use a dual monitor set up and didnt want to tax my computer with 2 , 4k screens. When i get a new computer, I will likely make the jump to 2x 4k monitors with sRGB and AdobeRGB. BenQ is where I would look if i were you.

Solution

ajbuilds

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
sla70r , relatively yes ,i know that with the 1080p version i'll get more battery life but 7 hours with 4k is also fine.

Gingerbread, i saw almost all the reviews until it became a 50% 50% thing , some say the 4k is better FHD