Dell XPS 15 9560 broke completely upon installing graphics driver

Mar 3, 2018
Hello,

I have been having multiple problems with my laptop recently. It is a Dell XPS 9560 and has an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 GPU. Last month, a new driver caused the entire laptop to crash whenever I ran a stress test or played a game. I reset the laptop and the problem seemed to fix itself.

Yesterday evening I keynote GeForce Experience install a new driver without thinking and all hell broke loose. The laptop is now at the stage where no matter what I do on it, whether that be load it up, load in safe mode, reset it, it will freeze up indefinitely and needed to be shut down by the power button. I am completely at a loss as to how I can get my laptop back. It freezes up within about 30 seconds of being turned on. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Sorry, it’s made my username that because I used my email address I made when I was 11 for my FB account, which I then logged in to this with!

Have you tried restoring it back to factory condition, like it was new?

In general, I advise people using laptops to only get their driver updates from the manufacturer, in your case Dell. Sometimes they customize things and the generic Nvidia drivers mess things up. You do NOT need to constantly be up to date on drivers. Don't mess with the drivers on your laptop unless there's a specific issue you have and the only way to fix it is with new drivers.

Mar 3, 2018
I’ve tried restoring it, yes. The first time it got stuck on 15%. After your message, i tried again, and it’s currently stuck on 46%. I don’t know whether to just leave it or hold the power button as previous resets have never taken this long.