Question Dell XPS 15 9570 - Advice whether I have to change my battery

Apr 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

I own a Dell XPS 15 9570 since October 2018, with a core I5 8th Gen, GTX 1050 and a battery with a capacity of 56k mWh.
My actual problem is my battery capacity has been divided by 2 since the day I bought it. I do not really understand because I respected the normal time to recharge my battery.

Here you can find a report of my battery life (made with the Windows terminal) :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19AFw4AvIlAiZik0oJzTymmxK5LdcfImP

I talked with the Dell's consumer service because I asked them if it is possible to replace my actual battery (56k mWh) by a 97k mWh battery. They sent me a quote of approximately €200 and I'm wondering if I will not have the same problem after more than one year of usage.

I chose to buy this computer for studying at the university, and to play to video games when I got time off. I was not dashed until I discovered this quick decreasing of battery life. Could you think the heat produced by the CPU and GPU when I was playing to video game damaged the cells of the battery ?

If not, maybe is it interesting to replace the battery ?

Thank you in advance for your advises ! :)

Apr 11, 2020
Is your laptop still under warranty? Could be a faulty battery. How long does your battery last while gaming and on desktop stuff?

No, it is not... (the warranty is only for one year).
When I play video game, the battery life is a little bit less than 1 hour, and is about 2h30-3h when I am on my desktop (with a reduced brightness)