Dell XPS 420 Video Card Upgrade

G

Hey all,

I just recently booted back up my Dell XPS 420.I have a few games coming out that I wish to play, so I will be needing to upgrade my RAM and Videocard.Here are my System Specs . . .

Dell XPS 420
Windows Vista Home 32 Bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 GHZ
ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO 122MB
3.00 GB RAM

I know my Video Card is WAY out dated and I can not run many games on Medium settings much less High (Champions Online - Low).I use this PC mainly for browsing and gaming.I dont really DL music, movies or anything.I just want to get the best VCard for my buck that will allow me to play modern day games at Medium or perhaps High settings if possible.

I only have 3 GB of RAM, I dont know how much my PC can even handle.So if you have any advice on the best possible RAM and how much I could upgrade that would be appreciated also.Any other advice to help me upgrade this PC would be awesome also.I just got back into PC gaming but I'm afraid that I am behind the modern day specs now.

G

I would like to play at my desktop resolution (1680 x 1050) but my current VCard can't really pull that off.

PSu? You will have to explain, it has been years since I touched a PC for gaming.

erick81

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
I just put a Amd 5570 in one of those for a friend it was the best card we could find for her stock PSU it does all right with games and stays cool your Psu is a little heavier than hers so you may be able to go to the 5670 it's got a bit more power.As for your ram 3gigs will be fine for most games the problem is if you want more than 3 you have to go to a 64bit Os max for 32bit is often 3.5gb.