Dell XPS 730 H2C Desktop Invades Alienware Territory

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_swapp

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
Love your site, longtime follower, but since the change of format, there have been some really poorly edited articles. This one is a vivid example. Lets see some spell and grammer check guys.

tseska69

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
Grammer, Grammar, whatever, he's right. I know that some of the reporters may not be native speakers of English, and I can forgive the occasional misspelling, but it seems that editing here has become very lax.

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Not to mention the new site seems to "forget" to load a page once in a while, or am I the only one who has experienced that? Hit the back button, and the page loads, but doesn't display anything? So far the new Tom's is the only site that my system does that with.

eatmeimadanish

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004
Because the point of paying for these articles is to win English Grammies.

Wait we don't pay for these articles... woah what??? There aren't awards for properly spelled English! Holy Crap!

joewho

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
I can read them just fine. Yall should sit back and enjoy the great free content. I will say, it seems there is not as many articals as there used to be.

Arbie

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
"it seems there is not as many articals as there used to be"

You evidently mean "it seems that there are not as many articles as there used to be".

Like an earlier poster, I make every exception for non-native English speakers. Language is very important and I can only wish to have learned more than one, myself. So I admire those journalists ==> but also agree that Tom's editors should fix their mistakes before publishing!

It doesn't matter if the content is free or not. Native speakers at least must stop "dumbing-down" English, and trashing our heritage! That includes not only spelling and grammar, but also vocabulary. We're headed for a modern version of Orwell's minimum vocabulary state, where people can only say "man thats like awesome it rocks dont u think" or "man thats like crap it sux dont u think". Don't accept this and don't descend to it! At least preserve what we've got left.

Gee, did I wander off-topic?

pogsnet

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
I like Dell-ienware system.

Alienware has less availability in other corners of the world unlike Dell. HPs are now getting common than Dell, I think Dell should make Alienware more visible in the market this time rather than making it more exclusive but less sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.