Dell XPS 8300 Graphics Card Upgrade

broadbandaddict

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: As soon as possible

BUDGET RANGE: Less than $250 after rebates, preferably around $200

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: HTPC 1080p content, light gaming at 1080p (Super Meatboy, Beathazard, controller based games), heavy gaming at 1600x900 (Skyrim, Assassins Creed Revelations, etc)

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: 6450 current GPU, 850 watt cooler master silent pro ready to be installed.

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: i7 2600, 8GB RAM, 500GB Hard drive, Blu Ray Drive

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com but open to suggestions COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA

PARTS PREFERENCES: I like MSI cards, specifically the Hawk/TF3 but whatever gets me a good card at a good price, Nvidia preferably but AMD considered

OVERCLOCKING: Absolutely

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No, only one PCIe Port

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080 most of the time, 1600x900 otherwise

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I'd like a card that is quiet on idle.

I recently purchased a Dell XPS 8300, yes I know that it normally is not a good idea to get a prebuilt system but I got it for a REALLY good deal. Anyway it is in desperate need of a graphics update because it only has a 6450 right now. I have been looking around and I was going to purchase a 560TI HAWK from newegg but found out the new ones are coming out. I will be playing 1080p movies and playing light games on my Plasma TV and I would like for the card to be inaudible for those tasks. It will be my on-the-go computer otherwise because I don't want to carry around my 65 pound desktop everywhere. I got a 20 inch, 1600x900 monitor that I will use to play games on the XPS if I take it somewhere. I am going to take the 850 watt power supply out of my main desktop and put it in the Dell so that I can get a 1000w PSU for my other computer. I like my previous Nvidia product (570 Twin Frozr III) and I would like to get a card that can overclock as well as that but I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk GeForce GTX 560 Ti