[SOLVED] Dell XPS 8940

Mar 31, 2021
Hello,

I was wondering if the Dell XPS 8940 was good for games like Valorant, Csgo, and Warzone.

Specs:
  • 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-10700 Processor at 2.9GHz
  • NVIDIA® GeForce GTX™ 1660Ti Graphics, 6GB
  • 16 Gb Ram

Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
I would think that it would. Here's a video with that card and the K variant of the i7 10700, which should be only a little better than the non-K, and it consistently delivers high frames at 1080p in the AAA titles tested. The ones you want to play should be pretty solid with that setup. Maybe you're targeting a higher resolution or a higher refresh rate, though? You didn't mention that. Oh, and the stock CPU cooler that Dell installs in these is garbage. You'll experience throttling when the CPU heats up. You'll need a better cooler or else turn off turbo boost in the BIOS settings. Another thing, beware of bloatware. Prebuilts come with a lot of it running in the background. You'll want to delete that crap so it doesn't drag down your...

animekenji

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
I would think that it would. Here's a video with that card and the K variant of the i7 10700, which should be only a little better than the non-K, and it consistently delivers high frames at 1080p in the AAA titles tested. The ones you want to play should be pretty solid with that setup. Maybe you're targeting a higher resolution or a higher refresh rate, though? You didn't mention that. Oh, and the stock CPU cooler that Dell installs in these is garbage. You'll experience throttling when the CPU heats up. You'll need a better cooler or else turn off turbo boost in the BIOS settings. Another thing, beware of bloatware. Prebuilts come with a lot of it running in the background. You'll want to delete that crap so it doesn't drag down your performance. If you upgrade the CPU cooler, you'll also need a VRM heatsink, because the mofsets will be out of the airflow. THey get some airflow with the stock cooler, but won't get any from a taller cooler.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAqaO3-LrIw

Last edited:
Solution