Question Dell XPS Freezing While Playing Games

dmiller61603

Honorable
Dec 15, 2017
My brother has a Dell XPS L502X (not exactly a gaming beast, but it does just fine for him) It was running games like Rocket League at 50-60 FPS no problem. We decided to give it a factory reset to clear all the junk that was on the hard drive, thinking that it would boost performance even at the slightest. Well, after we successfully reset it and reinstall all the available drivers, the pc is way worse than before. The games seem to perform about the same, but the computer now just seems to randomly freeze while playing games every 10 or so minutes. Causing us to force a shutdown and restart. I have no idea if this is a result of running out of resources or something else. Ive tried everything I can think of and just cant seem to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CPU: Intel Core I5 2410M 2.30GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 525m
RAM: 10gb

Factory reset clears the games configurations in the 3D Settings in Nvidia Control Panel. This means the games will be using the less-powerful Intel GPU by default. Set up the games configurations again and that should fix it.

If you've already done that well I don't know what's causing the poor gaming performance.