[SOLVED] DELL XPS L14Z - how to work without LCD assembly?

Jul 29, 2021
Hi,

I have an old DELL XPS L14Z half laptop, as I sold the complete LCD assembly years ago, now i wanted to make use of the laptop by connecting it to an external TV through HDMI, but it just boots and keeps giving beeps, no display on the TV, anyone with experience with this model have been able to connect it to an external TV without the LCD assembly present? If I just buy the lcd cable and attach it to the main board, will it solve the issue and let me divert the display to external TV? I know that a faulty or broken lcd assembly can solve this issue, but I don't want to invest too much, any help would be appreciated.

Jul 29, 2021
8 Beeps on startup means the video system has failed, which of course you are already aware of.
Thanks Philip, what do you suggest in order to get it working on an external TV? I assume a cracked LCD screen would work, but don't know from where I can get one at a low price, also not sure if only connecting an LCD cable would allow it to project on an external TV and bypass the error.